Course Price$ 299.00
AutomationTraining4u is a leading training and consultancy group which impart knowledge on the particular program with the best trainers in IT having more than 10+ years of experience. We focus on real time based training & practical knowledge.
Training with Automation Training4U will benefit on the following ways in one’s career:
- Build Resume
- Multiple Interview Session
- Job Assistance
- Theory Session
- Practical Assignments
- Real Time Example
- Class Videos
1. Overview of Automation Testing
- What is Automation
- When to implement Automation
- Difference between Manual & Automation
- Web Application vs Window Application
- Types of Automation Tools
2. Introduction to QTP/UFT
- Expert View & Keyword View
- Creation of New Test
- What is Object
- Method & Properties
- What are Web Objects
- Record & Play
- Types of Recording
- Run Modes
3. Object Repository
- Local Object Repository
- Shared Object Repository
- Object Repository Manager
- Merging Object Repository
- Compare Object Repository
- Associate Different Repositories with a Test
4. Object Spy
- Test Object Properties & Methods
5. Custom Objects
- Variables & Constant
- Option Explicit
- Conditional Statement
- Array and Redim
- Functions & Sub
7. QTP Checkpoints
- Different types of Checkpoints
8. QTP Output Value
- Different types of OutputValue
- Create New Action
- Call to Existing Action
- Call to Copy Action
- Wait Property
11. Descriptive Programming
12. Hand On Exercise
- Count all Links on Page
- Count all Buttons available on Page
13. Error Handling
- Recovery Scenario
- On Error Resume Next
14. Data Parameterization
- Random Number
- Environment Variable
- Test/Action Parameter
15. Object Identification
- Ways to identify Objects
- Classification of Objects
17. File System Object
- Creating Files using FSO
- Writing Files using FSO
- Reading Files using FSO
- Destroying Objects
18. Database Connectivity
- Creation of ADODB Object
- Creation of Recordset Object
- Connection String
- Reading Data from Xls
- Keyword Driven
20. Working with Hybrid Framework
- Working with Live Projects
Interview Questions & Answer
1) What is UFT and which type of tool is UFT?
UFT is Licenesed Automation Testing tool from HP Vendor. It is a Function and regression
test automation tool.
2) Why we are using UFT Other than any Functional tool and UFT works on which platform mainly?
We use UFT because it Supports light weighted Scripting language vbscript, for issues we have vendor support and more secured for some of domains likes BFSI, HLS etc. It works on Windows mainly.
3) What is Data Driven Framework in QTP?
Data-driven testing works by creating test scripts to read test data and output from data files. it does not use the identical hard-coded values for every test runs. This allows the testers to test how the application takes care of various inputs.
4) How to Access Database in QTP UFT?
The steps to connect to a database in QTP/UFT are-
- Establish an ADODB connection object
- Generate Record set object
- Establish the connection with DB using provider and server
- Write the SQL Query
- Run the query
5) Why is QTP used in Automation Testing?
QTP is used in Automation testing for the following reason:
- It allows record and playback scripts with the help of active screen and screen object properties.
- Its object identification process is excellent.
- It supports a large number of add-ins like Oracle, Java, SAP, NET, People soft, etc.
- One can improve any existing tests without resorting to AUT through an active screen.
- It supports automation frameworks like keyword driven testing approach, data-driven testing approach, etc.
- It has an inbuilt IDE.
- You can integrate it with test management tools such as Quality Center, Win runner, and Test Director.
- QTP also supports XML.
- It is an Easy to maintain tool.
6) What is Hybrid Framework in QTP?
A hybrid framework in QTP is a combination of Data Driven Framework (DDF) and Keyword Driven Framework (KDF) which allows the user to run several test cases with numerous inputs in the same test.
7) Which environments are supported by HP QTP?
QTP supports the following environments:
8) What is action split and the purpose of using this in QTP?
Action split means to divide an existing action into two parts. The purpose of action split is to divide actions based on their functionality to improve code re-use.
9) How one can handle Java tree in QTP?
Foremost you will select Java Add - In and launch QTP. Next step record operations on the Java Tree. If you face an issue while recording, you can select Tools > Object Identification > Java, tree object and make changes in mandatory and assistive properties to enable identification.
10) How QTP identifies object Explain?
QTP identifies any GUI Object based on its corresponding properties. While recording, QTP will identify and store peculiar properties (as defined in the Object Identification settings) in the object repository of the GUI object . At run-time, QTP will compare the stored property values with the on-screen properties, to uniquely identify the GUI object
11) Explain the keyword CreateObject with an example.
Creates and returns a reference to an Automation object
SYNTAX: CreateObject(servername.typename [, location])
servername: Required. The name of the application providing the object.
typename : Required. The type or class of the object to create.
location : Optional. The name of the network server where the object is to be created.
Example : Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
12) What is Object Spy? How to Use it?
Object Spy helps in determining the run & test time object properties. It also determines methods of the application under test. One can access object spy directly from the toolbar or from the Object Repository Dialog Box.It is very useful during Descriptive Programming.
13) What is descriptive programming?
Generally, an object and its properties must be recorded in the Object Repository to enable QTP to perform actions on it. But when we use descriptive programming, you do not store the object and its property values in the Object repository but mention the property value pair directly in the script.
It is not to bypass the object repository but to help recognize dynamic objects.
14) What are the types of environment variables in QTP?
Environment variables in QTP are of three types:
1) Built-in (Read only)
2) User-defined Internal (Read only)
3) User-defined External (Read/Write)
You Set the Environment Variable using the following syntax
Environment.Value( "name") = "Guru99"
You can Retrieve the Environment Variable using following syntax
Environment.Value("name") -- This will retrun name as Guru99
Environment.Value("OS") -- This will return your system OS
15) Explain QTP Testing process?
Quick Test testing process (QTP) consists of 6 main phases:
1) Create your test plan - This is preparatory phase in which you identify the exact test steps, test data and expected results for your automated test. You also identify the environment and system configurations required to create and run your QTP Tests.
2) Recording a session on your application – In this phase, you will execute test steps one by one on your AUT, and QTP will automatically record corresponding VB script statements for each step performed.
3) Enhancing your test - In this stage you will insert checkpoints, output values, parameterization, programming logic like if…else loops to enhance the logic of your test script.
4) Replay & Debug - After enhancing your test, you will need to replay the script to check whether it is working properly and debug if necessary.
5) Run your Tests - In this phase you will perform the actual execution of your Test Script.
6) Analyzing the test results - Once test run is complete, you will analyze the results in the Test Fusion report generated.
7) Reporting defects - Any incidents identified needs to be reported. If you are using Quality Center , defects can be automatically raised for failed tests in QTP.
16) How to test input domain using UFT Tool?
We can test input domain by using Conditional statements and some built-in functions.
17) What types of License available for UFT?
UFT has 2 types of License
i) Seat License
ii) Concurrent License
18) How UFT stores its resources?
UFT stores it’s resources using File format on Hard disk (File System).
19) What Is An Object Repository?
It is an interface between QTP script and the Application.Quick Test stores all its objects information in Object Repository so that it can identify them later.
20) Can we Merge Two Object Repository Files In Qtp?
No, we can’t merge Object repository files with each other.
21) What do you mean by Parameterization?
Parameterization is executing the same operation many times with different Input data.
22)What Are The Trigger Events In QTP?
Trigger Events are the events that interrupt you in your run session.
23) How Many Types Of Trigger Events Are There In QTP?
The various types of Trigger Events in QTP are:
i) Pop-Up window
ii) Object State
iii) Test Run Error
iv) Application Crash
24) Can we do in Batch Testing is done In QTP and how?
Yes. We can do Batch testing in QTP by selecting the tests to be included in batch and running them. To add tests to batch the navigation is:
Start -> Programs ->QTP ->Tools->Test Batch Runner -> Add
25) How we can send User Defined Messages To Test Report?
In Keyword view, keep your cursor at a step and click on
Insert -> Step -> Report
Select the status from the list box, name the message and give the message to be displayed in the details box.
26) Where You Are Storing Your Script?
C:\ Program Files\ Mercury Interactive\ Quick Test Professional\ Tests
27) How Parameterization and Data-Driving are related to each other in QTP?
In order to data-driven, we need to parameterize. That is we have to make the constant value as a parameter so that in each interaction(cycle) it takes a value that is supplied in a run-time data table.
Through parameterization only we can drive a transaction (action) with different sets of data. You know running the script with the same set of data several times is not suggested, and it's also of no use.
28) How one can connect to database using VBScript?
To connect to the database:
a) connection string of your server
d) DNS name
29) Explain how to read registry key in UFT?
The following example explains how to read registry key in UFT
‘Create a shell object
Set MyShell= CreateObject (“WScript.Shell”)
Read the value of key from the registry
RegValue =MyShell.RegRead (varpathofkey)
'in above function we have to pass the path of key in registery’.
30) write the steps required in UFT to send mail from outlook?
To send mail from outlook in UFT,
Set Outlook = CreateObject ("Outlook.Application")
Dim Message 'As Outlook.MailItem
Set Message = Outlook.CreateItem(olMailItem)
.Subject = Subject
.HTMLBody = TextBody
Const olOriginator = 0